Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Recent happenings

The past, oh, let's say, 6 days have been eventful. Some days were good-eventful and others were not-so-good-eventful. Instead of just good news and bad news (or vice versa), I'm going to serve you a little feel good sandwich ... putting the not-so-good between two slices of awesomeness.

Everything started last Friday. I took a vacation day to get ready for company to come to town for my baby shower. My practically lifelong friend, Tisha, came up from Houston with her little cutie daughter Gabriella, and my mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew came in from White Deer and Amarillo. While us gals were showering it up on Saturday afternoon, the guys went to Lone Star Park to watch some horse races. The even made a bet on the Kentucky Derby while they were there and won!!!! We are gonna be able to do some great things with that $15! LOL The shower was GREAT! I couldn't have asked for anything better. Savannah got some much needed items and some pretty cute outfits too. Can't wait to start putting it all to use!!

My family got on the road back home after breakfast Sunday morning. Needless to say, it was a long drive back up to the panhandle. Around the time I was expecting to hear that they'd made it there, Dad called. Right on schedule, I thought. That was only half the story though. They had indeed made it home, but were on their way back to Amarillo and Mom was taking that trip in an ambulance. The short story is that her leg gave out on her while stepping into the house from the garage and she fell and cut her head open. Turns out it was more than a cut ... massive gash is a better description. In the end, she got 31 staples to close up the 20 cm wound. OUCHIE!

In the midst of this incident, my brother, sis-in-law, and nephew showed up at the same ER because my nephew had fallen and broken his arm. Are you kidding me?! Two family members in the same ER at the same time in unrelated events?! Too much to handle. Poor little J got his arm set and wrapped with a temporary cast while his Gamma was just a few doors down the hall getting her own boo boo fixed up. So, Sunday night was a looooooooong night for my family. Today J is getting his permanent cast, and Mom is recovering as best as she can with lots of rest and continued fluid intake to help bounce back from the major blood loss.

Ok, back to the good stuff. First, I turned in my final project for my class last night which means ... Spring semester is OVER! Hooray!! Then, I had a check up this morning to see how our little Honeybun is doing, and she's doing great! The doc and I discussed how to know I'm in labor and when to call, pain management, pediatricians, and Braxton Hicks contractions. Those are becoming more common, but there is no cause for concern by any means. He pretty much said everything is perfect! I'll go back in two weeks then start weekly appointments and the serious countdown to D-day. I am SO ready to meet her!!!!!

No comments: