Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm growing impatient

When I first started to feel Savannah kick and move, I had so many friends tell me that it was a feeling that never got old for them. I would agree if I were still feeling the sweet, gentle movements of 20ish weeks. But now that I'm almost 36 weeks along, I have to be honest ... it's not that fun anymore. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more excited and thankful that she's healthy and I know her wiggling (or violent thrashing) is a sign of that, but I don't know how much more I can take. My ribs are a kind of sore that I've never experienced before ... like I've been in a cage fight or something.

I'm ready to be able to take a deep breath without feeling like I've been stabbed in the side.

I'm ready to roll from one side to the other at night without moaning and groaning. Or better yet, to roll from one side to the other by way of my stomach rather than my back.

I'm ready to be not pregnant anymore.

I'm ready to meet our little girl.

*sigh*