Thursday, April 29, 2010

Calm

That's how I feel today, and let me just say ... it's a good feeling. I haven't been going insane or anything prior to today, but I have been putting a lot of pressure on myself mentally. It's been hard to get my mind to slow down and take one step at a time when it comes to tackling the stuff on my plate right now. In addition to the HUGE adjustment of parenthood to prepare for, I'm also staring straight into the face of the end of the semester and beginning of my practicum. The task of completing my practicum is a little daunting, but I think it will seem more manageable once I really get rolling on it.

It seems like such a small thing, but one little email today regarding my final project for this semester helped bring about the calm I'm experiencing. For the project, I developed a self-evaluation for advisees and asked our director of academic advising to give me some feedback. So, when I got it today, it hit me that I can now finish the whole project ... which only involves a one or two page write-up ... and turn it in early! THAT is a good feeling! It's something to cross off my list. It's a chance to shift my academic focus solely to my practicum. It's a sign that I'm getting closer to graduating!!! HOORAY!

Now for something totally unrelated to feeling calm ... it's just amusing and I thought it would be fun to share. Last night, Cory was taking his measurements because he's about to start a new workout program/diet plan. Out of curiosity I wanted to measure around my belly and put a number to my cirumference. I'm not positive what my waist measurement was prior to pregnancy, but it's sort of irrelevant since I was taking this measurement right at my belly button instead of slightly above (for the waist) or below (for the hips). So regardless ... my belly measured 42 1/2 inches around!!! HA! That just sounds outrageous to me. Clearly, I'm all belly!

No comments: