Friday, May 28, 2010

Baby Watch 2010

It's on!!!  I had a check-up today and found out that I am already 3 cm dilated and 60-70% effaced, so Dr. Daum said it's likely we'll have this baby sometime next week.  Hooray!!!  As expected, all the extra fluid is going to help get this baby here a little early.  I'm not measuring quite as big as last week, though.  My belly was 38 1/2 this week compared to 40 last week.  I think some of the excess fluid drained into my legs.  They are HUGE!  I need to take before and after shots of my feet.  They are truly creepy looking if you ask me.

But needless to say, we were super excited to hear the news about my progress.  It was a pleasant surprise.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but was definitely hopeful that I was showing some signs of getting close.  So keep your fingers and toes crossed, faithful readers!!  Savannah will surely be here before we know it!

1 comment:

Ashley S. said...

I've been praying for you every day since your last report from the doctor. What exciting news that she's coming soon! Good luck! I know you have plenty of friends that are closer than you and I are, but if you have any questions in the coming days, feel free to ask! Have fun!