Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Puzzled

Picture with me, if you will, a 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzle.  You've got the areas of three corners pretty well put together.  Oh sure, there are a few outstanding pieces here and there, but that's normal and certainly nothing to worry about. 

But then there is that fourth corner.  The pieces just don't quite fit together in that part of the puzzle for some reason.  You toil over it, trying to make the picture make sense, but to no avail.  In fact, despite your effort, you'll probably spend far too much time trying to make all the pieces fit together and get to the end only to find that one piece is mysteriously missing.  You know what I'm talking about.  Somehow, even if you break out a brand new puzzle that's never been opened, in the end there is one piece that has vanished into the sea of lost puzzle pieces never to be recovered.

That's my life right now - a jigsaw puzzle.  One that makes perfect sense in all but one little corner.  It's frustrating to say the least and makes me question a lot of stuff.  I like for things to be in order and make sense.  When I can't get circumstances to add up, it bugs me and I usually have trouble moving past it until they do.  Maybe I should let it go.  Maybe I should take my own analogy as evidence that I'm not supposed to always have the answers.  But I think I deserve some answers to help fill in the gaps of this particular corner of my puzzle.  I highly doubt I'll ever get them, but one can hope, right?

Thankfully, this corner of my puzzle called life doesn't hold a candle to the other three corners on a value scale.  The things I treasure most in this world are put together and look exactly like I want them to look right now.  I have the greatest husband on earth and without him I would be completely lost.  We are expecting a beautiful, healthy baby girl in less than 9 weeks.  And I have a wonderful family who has helped shape me into the person I am today.  Really, what more could you ask for?

1 comment:

The Jones Family! said...

I just love your honesty and transparency in this post because to be honest, I feel we all have that peice in our lives. Sometimes I just have to let it go and trust in Him that he knows exactly how my puzzle is supposed to be put together. He holds that peice, not me. It's not lost, He knows exactly where it's at. :) Love you and I can't wait to see you on Sunday...it's been 5 years since college! Doesn't that make you feel old!? ;)