Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day off? Nope, off day.

Today has been just a little ... off.  Even though I was at work all day, I hardly got any work done.  I had a mid-morning meeting that lasted until the beginning of our staff appreciation luncheon.  The luncheon lasted until the end of the regular lunch hour.  Not long after that, I had to leave to go to computer training across campus while my computer was upgraded to a new system.  That lasted an hour.  When I got back, my computer still wasn't upgraded, so I had to stand around for a little while.  Then I had a 1-on-1 with my boss (a scheduled one, not impromptu).  After we were done chatting, my computer STILL wasn't done so I couldn't leave work on time.  When I finally did leave work, I accidentally rear-ended a student (rear-nudged is more accurate though...no harm done, but I was irritated at myself nonetheless) before I even got off campus. 

Once I finally got home, I was able to enjoy a nice dinner with my husband ... thank goodness.  While he was finishing it, I was picking up a few things around the house.  There was a small empty box on the island so I asked if it was trash.  He replied with, "well, I'm not sure yet."  And here's why.

Since we're going to cloth diaper our daughter, I decided it would be nice to have a clothes line in the backyard so I can hang them up to dry.  So we ordered one online.  It's a cool retractable one like this...


And since I currently don't have a clothes line, I obviously needed some clothes pins, right?  As it turns out, when he was ordering this clothes line, he could get free shipping if he spent about 5 more dollars.  So he found clothes pins online that became part of the overall purchase and we got free shipping.  Yay!

What does this have to do with the questionable empty box?  Well, he thought maybe we would need it in order to return the clothes pins because this is what we got ...


Yes, that's a penny for size reference.  For you scrapbookers out there, you probably recognize that these are actually scrapbook embellishments.  :o)  I don't think I'll be hanging up any cloth diapers with them, that's for sure.  I probably wouldn't bother returning them, but they cost 8 dollars ... for 10 tiny little embellishments.  That explains why I'm more of a digital scrapbooker now.  It's an expensive hobby.  Even still, it's probably not worth the price we'll have to pay to return them, so we'll just have to get real clothes pins next time we're at the store.  But that was the funny conclusion to this truly odd day.

2 comments:

The Jones Family! said...

Those clothespins are hilarious!!! haha. Definitely made me smile and how fun is that line to put outside? Way cool! :)

Ashley S. said...

That's really funny! And crazy expensive! Everything that I hang to dry, I just hang on our shower curtain rod. But a clothesline is totally fun too.