Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sunshine

Yesterday was a great day.

First, I was reminded by my awesome pregnancy app that I was under the 100-days-to-go-before-Honeybun-is-due-to-arrive mark. That is a great feeling!

Second, Cory had a job interview that we have been looking forward to for a few weeks.

As most of you know, he was laid off last April. It was completely unexpected. He was told one day that it might happen, and the very next, it did happen. We experienced countless emotions, but knew we would manage. We were fortunate to have other income besides his so we were in no real danger of being kicked to the curb or anything drastic like that. We had no idea how long he would be unemployed, but if you had told me it would be close to a year, I would've laughed in your face. Even in this economy, I never in my wildest dreams (and believe me, I've had some wild pregnancy dreams) thought it would take this long for the door to finally be opened. But I am happy to say, it has been! After an early morning interview, he received the call with the job offer not long after lunch!

Admittedly, some days were harder than others as we faced this situation. With each passing day, we both felt the added pressure ... the clock was ticking. It was time for something to work out. I can say, though, that in the midst of it all we were both confident that these circumstances, which were out of our control, were being handled by Someone far more capable than either of us.

As I drove to work this morning, I couldn't help but see some symbolism in the world around me. The sky was completely clear ... I mean there was not a cloud to be seen anywhere in the sky ... and the sun seemed brighter than usual. There was just the right amount of moisture left over from yesterday's storm to make everything sparkle. Prior to today, however, the world seemed to just have a dull appearance. Not that every day was gloomy and rainy, but even when the sun was out, everything was just a little lackluster. That's kinda been our life the past few months. There have been some gray days when we've been a little down, but there have also been sunny days ... the type that don't really stick out in your memory, but also don't carry with them any tremendous woes or sorrow. Just regular ol' days. I feel like the world around me today is saying, "See, you stuck it out and now you've turned a corner, and best of all, you kept faith throughout it all."

Cory and I are very excited about the things to come with this new opportunity, but I'll save that for a later blog post. For now, we are just going to celebrate the facts that he has rejoined the workforce and the sun is beaming down on us!

No comments: