Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Brick wall

I feel like I hit one yesterday. And today it feels like it fell over on top of me. I am SO tired. I didn't think the "lack of energy" that accompanies the third trimester would quite literally start on the first day of my third trimester, but that seems to be the case. I'm holding on to hope that maybe I'm just worn out because we've had a lot going on the past week or so. First was the news that Cory had been selected for a job at Lockheed, which doesn't seem all that tiresome except that I expended a lot of brain power thinking about all of the new possibilities. And in light of his pending new daytime schedule, we decided it was a good time to tackle all the little undone household projects on our to-do list.

Each project had (or will have) an impact on the next, and I'm proud to say Cory has been working super hard to get it all done before the end of the month. So far he's built a shed in the backyard and started painting his "man room." The shed will soon house the lawn mower, weed eater, leaf blower, and all the other lawn tools that currently live in the garage, and his man room (once it's painted) will become the home for a set of lockers he bought on Craigslist (also hanging out in the garage at this time). The lockers will store everything from sports equipment to hunting gear that currently takes up most of Honeybun's closet, and the garage will finally get to do its proper job of protecting our vehicles from the elements. After Honeybun's closet is emptied, I'll get to hang up even more adorable hand-me-downs we've acquired from dear friends. Thanks, Jen!

I think that pretty much covers the home projects. If there are others I've forgotten about then I'll just guess that my brain has reached capacity and is simply blocking them out. The only one I'm really involved in anyway is Honeybun's closet which I think I can handle with ease. I tried to help Cory with the shed and got a nasty sheet metal cut, so I was banned from assisting with other construction/manual labor projects ... not that I'm capable of much manual labor at almost 7 months pregnant anyway, right?

In other news, last night I turned in what might possibly be the last research paper I'll ever have to write ... EVER! I only have one class left after this semester before graduating with my Master of Education degree, and I'm fairly confident it doesn't involve a research paper. Fingers crossed because I like that idea.

And finally, Tuesday is my next regularly scheduled appointment to check up on Honeybun. I'll have my glucose test and a long, relaxing ultrasound. YAY! This will be the ultrasound where they look at all the anatomy, organs, everything, to make sure she's a healthy girl. I can't wait to see her again! Maybe this time she'll be a little more modest and let me get a good look at her sweet little face instead of just her cute little botttom. Remember her 12 week portrait?

But now it's official ... after writing this blog, I've used my alotted energy for the day. Oh what I would give for a nap right about now.

No comments: