Thursday, March 4, 2010

A little randomness

My body has developed a really terrible habit of waking up at 4 a.m. every single day ... no matter what. Is this yet another oddity I must attribute to pregnancy? What's more, I have been staying up later than normal too for no apparent reason. Our routine is the same. Cory usually stays awake watching TV for a little while after I've fallen asleep, but for the past few weeks, I've been staying awake right along with him. So, in a nutshell, I'm staying up later, waking up earlier, and yet I'm still basically able to make it through the day without feeling utterly exhausted. Maybe I'm already trying to adjust to the rigors of motherhood. That sounds feasible.

In other news, the first of many, many friends' baby showers is coming up on Saturday, and I'm so excited about it. I haven't traditionally been the type to enjoy wedding and baby showers, but the fact that I'm expecting my own little bundle of joy has certainly changed my outlook. I plan to take copious notes about what veteran moms love, hate, couldn't live without, etc. so that Cory and I can be armed with good information when we go register in the near future. And for all of you moms out there reading this, I'll gladly accept any and all advice you have about favorite and not-so-favorite products.

And I just want to close by sending a little message to the month of June. Please hurry up and get here. I'm ready to meet my baby girl!!

1 comment:

The Jones Family! said...

haha, I've been the same way! Going to bed later and feeling okay in the morning. :) Weird...one thing I suggest is a breast pump! Not just any one but Medela! ;) I'm sure there are other items but that's the 1st one that comes to mind. :) Even though they are much more expensive you will immediately know why. Have fun at the baby shower!