Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Baby Baker's baby face

Say that 10 times fast. :o)

Well, it's now been 7 hours since I chugged a chilled bottle of orange flavored liquid sugar, and I'm FINALLY starting to feel normal again. My heart has been fluttering, and I just feel jittery. But, it's one of the many joys of pregnancy ... being screened for gestational diabetes.

One of the GREATER joys of pregnancy is having an ultrasound, and today's was fantastic. Around 28 weeks, which is exactly where I am today, Dr. Daum likes to take a good look at baby—checking everything from the inside out. We saw her bladder and kidneys (which he could somehow tell were functioning normally), her stomach, lungs, heart, brain ... pretty much everything on the inside that's super important. He said everything looked just perfect.

We also got to look at her hands and feet, count her little fingers and toes, and although it took a great deal of work to get her to wiggle into just the right position, we got this peek at her beautiful little face. Does it look like she's smiling to you?


I can't stop looking at her and wishing she was here already!!

She's breech right now, but she's constantly turning cartwheels anyway, so at this point I'm not concerned about it. In fact, she's not just breech, she's actually folded up like a taco shell which is why it was so hard to get a good look at her face ... her hands and feet were in the way. At one point we could see her holding on to one foot with her hand. Don't ask me why it was so cute, but it was. Anyway, I guess if she decides to stay curled up like that, my visions of childbirth will take a different direction, but there are still quite a few weeks for her to "assume the position." And until those weeks pass, I'll keep looking at this picture of my baby girl's precious face and patiently await her arrival.