Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I wanna talk about me

A month or so ago I thought it would be fun to start jotting down some interesting little tidbits about myself to share with my faithful readers.  I've been adding to it here and there as things pop into my head.  Today I reached 50 and decided to stop.  I like round numbers.  Oh, maybe I should've put that one on the list.  We'll just call it a free factoid, on the house of course.  So here they are, in no particular order...50 fun facts about the one and only ME.  :o)
  1. My real first name is Jensine (pronounced Jen-see-na), not Sena.
  2. I have the greatest husband in the whole entire world. Sorry to disappoint the rest of you gals who think you have the greatest husband. *wink*
  3. I can't cook without making a mess.
  4. I'm annoyed by people who do ironic things like run a stop sign but then insist on driving 10 or more miles per hour under the speed limit.
  5. My Fantasy Football team got last place in our league this year.
  6. Mostly I don't like the food on my plate to touch, yet there are combos that I insist on mixing like corn and mashed potatoes.
  7. I have an entire room devoted almost totally to scrapbooking, but rarely ever scrapbook anymore.
  8. I can't go a day without Burt's Bees lip balm.
  9. I have truly enjoyed being pregnant ... even through the morning sickness phase.
  10. I'm getting the same crease between my eyebrows that my dad has from scowling too much.
  11. My iPhone is awesome.
  12. I hate having short fingernails.
  13. I'm named after my mom's grandmother who came to America from Denmark.
  14. I'm overjoyed that I'm going to have a daughter.
  15. When it comes to golf, I'm a natural.
  16. I get annoyed quite easily.
  17. There is not a coffee drink in existence that I like ... sorry Starbucks.
  18. I graduated high school with a whopping 32 other small town kids, several of whom I went through school with all the way from Kindergarten.
  19. Watching The Biggest Loser while eating something mildly unhealthy is a weekly ritual for me.
  20. I want to be a stay-at-home mom for a little while.
  21. I have never tried smoking.
  22. As a creature of habit, it's a challenge to get ready in the morning if I'm not at my own house.
  23. My dream job is to be a photographer.
  24. I don't like to read. (But, obviously you do!) :)
  25. I was always a dog person ... until I got my cat.
  26. To my knowledge, I don't have any severe allergies ... I only suffer from the seasonal type on occasion and one rare type noted in number 42.
  27. I like to look at my pregnant profile to admire how well my baby girl is growing.
  28. The dragging of one's feet drives me bonkers!
  29. I avoid people with prickly dispositions.
  30. I wouldn't ever get on Facebook if it wasn't for my iPhone app. (Did I mention my iPhone is awesome?)
  31. I think one of my biggest pet peeves is being interrupted.
  32. When I'm shopping, I don't like to take the item at the front of the shelf.
  33. The same goes for getting lids for drinks at restaurants. The top one just seems icky.
  34. I sometimes suffer from road rage.
  35. I only have one more course to take in order to finish my Master of Education degree, but it will have to wait until after Honeybun is here.
  36. "New Car" scented air fresheners are awful. Only genuine new car smell is good.
  37. I can have entire conversations that actually make sense with my family (mom, dad, brother) using nothing but movie and TV quotes.
  38. I took dance lessons for 10 years when I was growing up ... ballet, tap, and jazz.
  39. I used to think that every little girl needed a big brother, but now that my younger kid(s) will have a big sister I tend to think that just having a sibling is something to celebrate.
  40. As much as I despise procrastination, I can't seem to avoid it.
  41. I can almost always substitute "I should be studying" for whatever I happen to be doing. For instance, I should be studying, but instead I'm making a random list of things about myself.
  42. I think I might be allergic to work. Literally, I sneeze all day every day when I'm there and hardly ever when I'm not.
  43. I love oldies music.
  44. I have a ton of memorable childhood Halloween costumes, but the best might be the Tweety Bird one my mom made. My brother was Sylvester.
  45. I have a good sense of direction.
  46. I don't really like talking on the phone much. My husband and immediate family are the exceptions.
  47. As much as my husband encourages me, I rarely try new foods. Sorry, honey.
  48. I HATE having wet feet. I mean, it's fine for the bath or shower, but you won't catch me out in the rain in flip flops.
  49. I have a tendency not to fill my car up with gas until the low fuel light comes on.
  50. My limits were challenged trying to come up with this list. I blame pregnancy brain.
There you have it.  Now you know some stuff about me you probably didn't know before.  Make it even and tell me something I don't know about you!

No comments: