Sunday, February 7, 2010

Making progress

Going to see my family this weekend gave me the opportunity to pick up the stuff my mom has finished sewing for the nursery.  The bedskirt and bumpers turned out AWESOME!!  She even took the liberty of adding a few extra touches that the pattern didn't call for ... like coordinating piping on the bumpers ... cause she's got mad skills.  See the pic below.

And there were a few other surprises that I didn't know about.  Perhaps my favorite is this precious stuffed bear who has found a home in Honeybun's crib (at least for now).


As soon as we got back home today, I ran out and got a sheet to put on the mattress because Cory and I were so anxious to start putting it together to see how things looked.  I have to say, I'm pretty darn happy with it so far.  We still have a few pieces of furniture to purchase, and I have plenty of decorating projects in mind, but we still have a good 18 weeks to finish everything up.

Besides the bumpers and bedskirt, mom made this little basket which I have prematurely stuffed with newborn diapers.  Hopefully soon I'll have a changing table to set it on.  And we just happend upon the piggy bank when we ran into town to get a few things Friday evening.  You'd think it was made with my baby girl's nursery in mind!


There was also a little Valentine's gift to Honeybun from Gamma and Grrdad.  (Note: my dad was originally "Grandad" but when my nephew started talking, it came out Grrdad ... and stuck.)

Some onesies and matching pants plus cute little booties and mittens.

And what Gamma could resist this adorable Christmas dress?  It was on sale for $2.50!!  I can picture her wearing it now with little white tights and shiny black shoes.


More to come soon!

No comments: