Thursday, January 28, 2010

50-50

This picture of my phone says it all:



Of course it doesn't hurt that I added a little flare to it.

I can't believe I'm already on the downhill side of the pregnancy hill. It doesn't seem like it's been that long since we even found out we were expecting. Early on, I thought the first trimester was never going to end, but looking back I can see that I didn't have it all that bad. Yes, I could have done without the morning sickness, but I was never so delusional that I thought I could escape being part of the 75% of pregnant women who experience it. Luckily my doctor prescribed a magical little strawberry flavored pill that helped calm the nausea so I could consume food like a normal person.

I've been trying to think of all the really striking memories I've had so far, but there don't seem to be very many. I guess I'm just your normal pregnant girl. There's one experience I won't soon forget that I'd love to share, but it's actually a little gross ... not a lot ... just a little ... but I'll spare you nonetheless. If you find yourself bound by morbid curiosity, I'll be happy to share with you in private. It's hilarious, don't get me wrong, but I want to avoid leaving my blog readers with an "ew, gross" impression.

I'll also cherish the memory of Cory feeling her kick for the first time. I'm not sure it was all that impressive to him ... in fact, he may even doubt that what he felt was her. But soon enough I'll reach the point where there will be no question that it's our little girl he feels squirming around in my belly. I can't wait for that! I think it'll really help him feel connected to her and the pregnancy in general since he's had to more or less be a bystander thus far. I guess that's typical for dads-to-be though, huh.

I have an appointment with the doctor today so I'm excited to get an update on how she and I are progressing. I'm not supposed to get an ultrasound, but I won't be surprised if I do. Dr. Daum is just cool that way. If that's the case, I'm hoping for a really good shot to post since the last group of sonos weren't really much to look at.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

The Jones Family! said...

ooh, I hope you got some new sonogram pics! How fun!! :)