Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Let's Recap

Well I feel like there is a lot to blog about, but lack of pictures at the moment is dictating what I will and won't share.  That's just for a short time though until I've had a chance to take some photos of new, exciting things.  Despite my lack of timeliness, I wanted to share about some of the events that took place during the weekend of the great DFW snowstorm of 2010.

Thanks to this great snowstorm, I got sent home from work at 2 on Thursday afternoon, and campus was closed all day Friday.  So Cory and I made the most of it!

First, we made a snowman...


...but only after we managed to get into the backyard through this mess...


Yes, folks, that's the awning over our back patio (as viewed through the backdoor window).  At some point on Thursday, it collapsed under the weight of the snow.  After the snow melted and we were able to survey the damage, we realized there was no salvaging the poor thing.  The frame was bent, so buying a new cover was pointless.  *sad face*

We recovered from the devestation of losing our awning fairly fast and ended up celebrated Valentine's Day early because we were suffering from MAJOR cabin fever.  So Friday evening we went out to dinner and to see the movie "Valentine's Day."  The plans were a little last minute, and although the theater wasn't sold out, we were stuck in the second row.  Let me just say...not the best seats in the house by any means.  But the movie was cute...predicatable, but not unlike what we expected.

The roads cleared up really fast and we were able to get out and about for various errands over the weekend although not much of anything important was really accomplished.  But it was nice to just spend the time together goofing off.  It made for a great Valentine's Weekend. *happy face*

A few other highlights...the dogs LOVED the snow.  Especially Marley.  She bounded through it like a gazelle.  Hilarious to say the least, and I wish I had videotaped it.  The cat HATED the snow.  Nuff said about that. 

Oh, and Cory got me three new cactii for my Valentine's gift!  Strange?  Not really.  Ya see, he went to Arizona to visit our friends, Derrick and Jen, a couple of years ago and brought back three "love cactii" to say he had missed me.  Sadly, I wasn't able to keep those cactii alive.  *sad face*  I felt REALLY bad though when I realized they were a lost cause, but thought it was pretty imaginative of him to replace them for Valentine's Day. *happy face*

No comments: