Sunday, February 7, 2010

75 years later

This is what 75 years of marriage looks like.


Not bad, huh!

On this day in 1935, my grandma and grandpa got married.  He was 18 and she was 16.  We had a huge celebration for them yesterday in Canyon, Texas.  Tons of family from Arkansas and elsewhere came to be part of it. 

Thanks to pictures, I remember their 50th wedding anniversary.  My cousin Alyssa and I were 2 and my mom had made us matching dresses.  Weren't we cute?

 

This is what Alyssa and I look like now ... 25 years later ...


She's expecting baby boy #2 on May 17th.

It was the first time ever that ALL the grandkids were together in one place.

Wendy, Chad, Alyssa, Stacy, James (my bro), me, and Alyssen with Grandpa and Grandma

My dad and uncles told hilarious stories ... some true and others a little bit of a stretch I'm sure ... but it was such a fun time.  It's not everyday you get to celebrate such a momentous occasion!  All that fun sure can wear a body out though as displayed by my nephew.

No comments: