Thursday, February 25, 2010

All things BABY, baby!

Finally ... I took some pictures of how the nursery is looking now.  So without further ado, here they are!

Changing table, dresser, and crib

There are some newborn disposable diapers we got before deciding to cloth diaper, so we'll use those in the beginning mostly cause they'll just fit better when she's tiny and brand new, but also cause there's nothing else to do with them and I'd hate for them to go to waste.  The piggy bank on top of the dresser got its first deposit from Grrdad.  Honeybun says thanks, Grrdad!  I've gotta do something about that plain lamp shade too ... any ideas?

Storage (without much to store yet)

Apparently, yellow cubby baskets are hard to come by, but we found one online so it should arrive in a week or so.  We want to get an extensive collection of Dr. Suess books, but right now, we just have one.  Hey, ya gotta start somewhere.

Where I'll be spending a lot of time

That's pretty self-explanatory.  I can't wait for it!

Valentine's present from her Daddy!

I was so surprised by this!  After Cory and I went on our little Valentine's date and came home to swap our presents, he brought out a huge gift bag and said, "This is my Valentine for __________."  (Yes, we think we've settled on a name, but we're not ready to advertise it yet.  Sorry!)  So I opened the bag to find this great big fluffy puppy!  She's gonna love it!!

Some clothes

And some more clothes

I'm telling ya, this girl is gonna be set up!  That long row of clothes are all the ones we were given by sweet friends in Wichita Falls.  The others are just a few we've picked up here and there. 

There is still plenty to do in the way of decorating, but I'm excited that the furniture is done. Cory is planning to make a toy box which will fill the one empty spot in Honeybun's room so that's really the only element left.  I can't wait for that project to be done, but it hasn't even been started yet, so it might be a little while.  I have no doubt it will be awesome!  As my crafty projects are accomplished, I'll update the pictures.

Now, for what might possibly be the greatest thing ever....

Oodles of all-in-one, one-size cloth diapers!!!






There are 33 in all, and some cloth diapering families have a stash as little as 15-20 diapers in their rotation, so we are very well prepared.  I credit my dear friend, Kristi, for planting the seed of curiosity.  I started researching and talking to Cory about it, and surprisingly, it wasn't a difficult decision to make.  I am so thankful that he was open to consider it for one thing and also that he did a fair amount of research on his own ... after which he jumped on board.

Believe it or not, there is a huge resale market for cloth diapers, so we started hunting for quality used ones to get started.  I don't mind saying we spent about $400 on these diapers, which also came with liners for extra absorbency and some other extras.  Frankly, it's everything we need to diaper Honeybun until she's potty trained because these particular diapers are designed to adjust to fit from newborn to the potty training stage.  If you've diapered a kid in disposables, you know we are saving a bundle!  I am very happy with our purchase and our decision to use cloth.

That pretty well catches you up on all things baby-related ... at least for now.  Oh, wait, there is one more thing I should share.  We had a baby doctor appointment today, which was short and sweet and perfect.  Heartbeat was music to my ears ... as always.  Weight gain was right on track and I'm pretty much all belly ... THANK GOODNESS!  Here's a belly shot from earlier today:

24w2d

I don't look as much "all belly" from the side as I do from the front and back, but all I really care about showing is how great baby girl Baker is growing. :o)

No comments: