Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Baby steps

If you read my previous post, you obviously know I like to decorate.  Besides just being flat excited about the nursery, I'm also getting started so early because I often find that I don't have time to do a lot of crafty projects ... especially once the semester starts.  Although, this one will be easier since I'm only taking one class.  Hence, baby steps.  I'll do a little bit at a time as time allows, and by June, my baby's safe haven will be an interior decorator's dream come true!

Here's how things are coming.

We painted.  The walls got two coats ... and the carpet got one light coat right about there.......... 



Can you tell there was ever a paint spill?  No you cannot because the marks you see on the carpet are just strokes from the carpet shampooer.  I am so thankful we have one.

Cory put together the gliding rocker, and I finished the valance.






I am so happy with how it turned out!  Today, my mom got the box of coordinating fabrics I mailed to her and plans to get started on the bumpers and dust ruffle for the crib.  She's also going to make a matching quilt!!  Go mom!

And speaking of mail, I got this today...



 

Thanks, Angie!!

1 comment:

Ashley S. said...

Looks great! Keep having fun!