Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A new venture

It's something I've been thinking about for a long time ... starting a small business.  I have always, always loved photography, but I just really don't have aspirations to do it professionally.  Mostly because I don't want to give up my weekends which I'm sure I'd have to do. 

But a couple of years ago, as I started getting better with Photoshop, I began to dabble with making photo collages.  I've honestly only done a few. 

My earliest was a gift to Cory after he'd mentioned not having any pictures of me at work.  I can't find the file anywhere - though I'm sure it's saved on a disk somewhere in this house - or else I'd post it. 

My next was for a former coworker who wanted something special done with her son's senior pictures.  I made several variations, but this is the version that she chose.


Then there's this one I just made with the awesome pictures my friends, Chris and Tiffany, took a few weeks ago.  Thank you Pirtle Photo!


I will say this about it...without good photos, only so much can be done to make a good collage.  I love this one I made of Savannah, but I know it's mostly because the pics themselves are so great.  Over the years though, I've gotten significantly more skilled with Photoshop and have confindence that I can make just about anything with it.

In addition to the collages, I've made a couple of birth announcements - ours for Savannah and one for a friend.



Obviously, to make a real go of it, I have to do some major brainstorming and planning.  And.......I need to have a strong portfolio of examples.  With that being said, I'm gonna throw an offer out there to all of my faithful readers.  If you have digital images of your family, children, pets, or whatever, that you'd like put together into an 8x10 or larger photo collage, let me know!  I'll put a collage together for you and send you the file or upload it the the photo processing center of your choice for you to print and enjoy.  Sound good?  Ok then, send me comments or Facebook messages if you're interested!

No comments: