Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day weekend activities

The long weekend brought a loooooong car ride for Savannah and me.  We went to White Deer to visit her Gamma and Grrdad!  Boy, were they excited!  I truly hate living so far from them now that we have a kiddo, but I have no doubt that as Savannah gets bigger, Skype will get used a whole lot more. :o)

Since Cory couldn't go with us (*sad face*) we headed out Thursday morning instead of Friday.  There was no real agenda until Friday night when we headed to Buck Stadium to watch my alma mater play our evil rivals, the Panhandle Panthers. Booo Hisss

It wouldn't be right for Savannah to go to her first White Deer High School football game dressed in anything other than a cheerleading outfit, right?!  It was my own invention and turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself.




On Saturday morning we met my friends, Chris and Tiffany Pirtle (Pirtle Photo), in Pampa for a photo shoot since Savannah was due for her 3 month pictures.  They do awesome work and I cannot wait to see how the pics turned out.  There will likely be an entire blog dedicated to my favorite shots once I see all of them.

After that we rushed to Canyon to my grandparents' house so Savannah could meet her Great Grandma and Grandpa.



It was a busy, busy weekend.  We were running around almost non-stop, but Savannah just went with the flow of it all.  For everything being so new and out of the ordinary for her, I was very proud of her demeanor.  Despite being extremely tired at times, she was rarely fussy.  She slept great at night even though she wasn't in her own bed.  She was an all-around good sport with all the posing for pictures and being passed from one person to another.  I was a proud Momma!

No comments: