Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day happenings

Since I haven't blogged in a while, I thought yesterday's events were worthy of a post. Cory and I aren't really that big on Valentine's Day, but still, we like to do a little something special to celebrate.  I'm definitely not into flowers so I was not sad at all when I wasn't among the Facebook peeps posting pictures of their pretty bouquets. But there were plenty of other things to be happy about, that's for sure. 

First of all, Cory left work early (at the cost of having to stay a little later every other day this week to make up for it) so that we could hit Texas Roadhouse before it got too crazy.  Besides the fact that my steak was absolutely delicious ... not to mention the rolls and honey cinnamon butter ... it was nice to have a break from cooking dinner.  :-)  Here's our special little dinner companion wearing the new headband Daddy got her:

Hopefully the devil horns she normally dons will be forgotten for this more tasteful option.
Before we went to dinner, we exchanged some special things.  I made Savannah a little basket of goodies complete with some of the things Gamma (my mom) sent her:


I got Cory several things, but didn't take a picture.  Mostly cause it wasn't pink and pretty like Savannah's. :-)

I was pretty stoked that Cory surprised me with these:


I've heard nothing but praise about them from other people who've got a pair so I have no doubt I'll be motivated to get back in shape after the baby's born (in a short 11 weeks or less)! 

And rewinding back a couple of days, I've got to share this adorable pic of my Valentine from Monday:



She was dressed up for her party at school.  Precious, no?!  I can't believe how big she's getting.

So back to the actual day of Valentine, after the kiddo went to bed, Cory and I splurged on some brownie pops I made while watching The Biggest Loser.  Ironic, I know.  But it was a Valentine's Day to remember...lots of giggles and special memories with our girl who's about to be a big sister.  I'm doing my best to cherish the time I have left with just her before she's launched into a world of sharing Mommy and Daddy with a sibling.  That said, we're very anxious and excited to meet our other sweet girl.  Won't be much longer!!

2 comments:

The Jones Family! said...

:) Your running shoes make me want to go by the ones for my birthday AND start working out ASAP! Maybe we should try and hit a goal to run something next year! Can't wait for the newest Baker!!!!

Sena Baker said...

Let's do it! I bet we can do something this year...maybe a turkey trot or something. Pushing strollers!! JK, that might be a bit much. I'm so ready to have my body back! The time I've got left should go by fast though since I'm going to the dr every 2 weeks now. Cross your fingers for an early delivery (but not too early). :)