Sunday, February 19, 2012

Baby Baker #2 update

Well, I’m a little over 29 weeks along (wow!), and we had an appointment Friday for a sonogram. This pregnancy has been so different from the last in a number of ways, one of which is how many sonograms I’ve not had. Seems like I had one at almost every appointment with Savannah. Never for anything other than “just to take a look” as penance for not seeing the doctor in a reasonable amount of time. But this was only my third for baby sister. The last was at 16 weeks when the sonographer typed “I’m probably a baby sister” on one of the images she printed out for me. Since then I’ve had nightmares wondered if she was right or wrong about the gender. Not that I wouldn’t be happy with either, but part of me is stoked about having two girls. Sisters. :-)


So, anyway, back to this last appointment. As suspected, she is still a she. There was no question about that. And everything else they check at this point looked great. Here’s a profile view and a shot of her little foot. Looks like she’s got Mommy’s feet. That’s a good thing.


Her approximate weight is just under 3 lbs............but somehow I've managed to gain 23.  I think it's safe to say I'm doing better in the weight-gain department now than I did with Savvy.  I'd have to gain 20 lbs in the next 9 weeks to match my achievement from last time.  Let's hope that doesn't happen.  Let's do hope I passed my glucose tolerance test, though.  I should hear about those results sometime this week. 

In general, I’m getting more and more anxious for the next 10ish weeks to pass so we can meet her. February has been a busy birthing month in my circle. I think so far there have been 5 new babies and another one is in the process of joining the world right now. I’m also ready to settle on a name, but that’s proving to be a more difficult process this go-round. Hopefully we’ll have one picked before the eleventh hour.

There have been some other different emotions and feelings that I didn't experience in the time leading up to Savannah's birth (probably cause I had no clue what to expect) that were really sitting heavily until the other day when I was finally able to verbalize them in a conversation with Cory.  He gave me a pretty awesome pep talk though, so for the time being, I'm feeling much more confident.  I plan on covering that in a different post when I've got a little more time.  For now, however, a bubble bath and back rub are calling my name!

No comments: