Monday, November 22, 2010

Sweet Sunday

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted
me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord.
For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord." 
1 Samuel 1:27 & 28

Just as Hannah dedicated Samuel to the Lord when he was just a baby, Cory and I dedicated Savannah yesterday morning during a special ceremony at church.  Pastor Brandon prayed for her and us, as her parents, and reminded us that she always has been and always will be God's child.  He has merely entrusted her to us while on this earth.  We commit to train her in the way she should go so when she is old, she will not turn from it (Prov. 22:6).



Since it was a special day, I thought there was no better outfit for her to wear than the fancy dress her Grrdad bought before she was born.  He painstakingly picked it out all by himself to carry on a tradition started by my grandpa when I was born.  I have been anxious for her to be able to wear it, and little did I know that this occasion would work out perfectly. 


This little beauty is the most amazing blessing I have ever received. 

No comments: