Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy half-birthday, sweet girl o' mine

I actually wrote this blog on December 2 - Savannah's 6 month birthday - but didn't have my pictures loaded, so I saved it intending to get back to it later that day. It's now December 14 and I'm finally sitting down to publish it.  That's how crazy things have been lately.  So without further ado...read on about my precious baby's half-birthday.


Well, as much as I hoped it wouldn't, the day has come and Savannah is halfway through her first year.  Oh.My.Goodness.  I've been thinking back over the past 6 months and realizing all the changes we've experienced.  Sav has gone from a tiny little bundle that spent most of her time sleeping to a not so tiny bundle that rolls around all over the place and only takes 2 little naps a day.  Cory and I have gone from a couple who loved to go run around town doing whatever floated our boat to a couple who enjoys a lot more time at home as a family. 

Savannah is loving everything she eats...except peas.  She is just about sitting up completely by herself, but still topples backwards unexpectedly from time to time.  She's mastered rolling over and is starting to figure out that she really can get places that way.  But it's also pretty clear that she's anxious to become mobile by means of the more practical method of crawling....just can't quite get those legs working the right way.  Soon, though, I'm sure.

I'm betting she'll have a tooth or two by Christmas as well.  I haven't spent a great deal of time around many teething babies, but I think it's safe to say she's taking it harder than most.  I'm holding on to hope that once the first few come in, the rest won't be so traumatic.

Our 6-month well baby appointment is Monday, so I'll have updated growth stats soon.  But she's reaching the end of fitting into her 3-6m clothes, especially jammies, which means Momma's gonna have to plan another date with the dresser and closet to swap out sizes.  So, so sad.

I did indeed do some cleaning out in her room.  It was crazy to lay her little newborn-size clothes next to the 3-6 and 6-9 month clothes she's wearing now.  Such a dramatic difference.  Her well baby check went great (minus those awful shots).  She weighs 15 lbs 13 oz and is 26 1/2 inches long (I think...the nurse forgot to give me a sticker with her info, so I'm not positive about the height).  She's graduated to 2nd foods now and really seems to like the apple/blueberry combo. 

AND, she's even more of a sitter-upper than she was 2 weeks go...catching herself far more often than toppling backwards. You can see how she's even sitting up in this month's picture instead of resting against the back of the chair.  Such a big girl (and taller than her bear)! 

No comments: