Friday, October 16, 2009

Calling all dream interpreters

I’ve heard that pregnant women tend to have some pretty vivid and interesting dreams, but I find it kind of hard to believe that only a few weeks into this I’m already experiencing it. I usually never remember my dreams, but now the stand out more than ever.

Most recently, I was loading our child into the car (yes, we already had a kid and SHE was about 4 years old), and there was a spider on the car door that I insisted on removing before putting my daughter in the car. She inquired why I wanted it gone, and I explained that if I left it there, it might get into the car while she was getting in her seat and end up biting her. I was trying to protect her, right?! Oh, and did I mention it was a black widow??? Hello! Why would I knowingly let a black widow anywhere near my child?

My daughter, being the sweet little angel that she is (in my dream), didn’t want me to hurt the spider, but I knew the better option was to go ahead and smash it to smithereens. So I did for the most part. The only section remaining unsquished was the back end where the distinctive hour-glass shape is found. This was no ordinary black widow, however. No. It had a huge stinger on that end much like a wasp.

The next thing I knew, I had picked up that part of the spider and handed it to my daughter to look at. What in the world was I thinking?!?!?!?! How it went from threatening spider to child’s new toy I don’t really recall. But, seriously, I just gave it to her with no qualms after putting up such a fight about needing to kill it before putting her in the car? Wow. What kind of mother am I? *sigh*

In addition to that dream, I’ve been in Nebraska witnessing my boss’s research get approved in a record 64 minutes, been mad at Cory I can’t tell you how many times (and usually for something dumb, I’ll admit), and bottle-fed a goat. Talk about beddy-bye variety, huh!

I’ll do my best to keep entertaining you with my adventures in slumber land.

No comments: